Saturday, April 9, 2011

tomorrow is Sunday...

and we leave on Tuesday. We are about 90% packed, just a few minor things to do. Tonight I plan to write down everything we need to know for our few hours in London before getting on the Eurostar (Tube stops - etc.) and the same to get to our hotel in Paris that night. Hopefully we will go to the Eiffel Tower that night too. I should look into getting reservations...

Just went to www.tsa.gov and got the low-down on liquid sizes and limits for carry-ons. So glad I did - now we will won't be holding up the security line! (hopefully!) So many little things floating around in my head - I can't wait to get going so I can just forget what I am going to forget and deal with it!

Kids haven't done school in two weeks. What on earth made me think we would be plowing through math and history right now? I was thinking last night though about a good read-a-loud and grabbed "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Victor Hugo. Should be appropriate!

Have been blessed with so many wonderful phone calls and visits these last few days with friends and family. Everyone is so excited! We Lindbergs are sort of wandering around in a daze! It is surreal to think that we will be in Germany this time next week!

With all that Bryan and I have learned this past year as we put this trip together, we can't help but be thinking of where we want to go next! Bryan is thinking a few weeks in Central America, while I am thinking two weeks in Spain and Portugal! So funny - we are great armchair travelers! Let's see what we think when we come home : )

So...
Basketball today, church and dinner with my mom and brother tomorrow, then the kids get their teeth cleaned on Monday, gotta run into Walmart and then home to finish cleaning the house. Funny how we clean BEFORE we leave. Bryan will enjoy the clean sheets and floors while we are gone. Chickens and snake are staying with friends and the cat and dog food cans are full. I think we are ready! My to-do list is done!

I haven't sent any friends or family this blog address yet, but probably will tomorrow. I hope we will be able to post entries and photos while we are gone - I worry about my technical abilities! Thank goodness Elijah is computer savvy!

Well, the next time I write will probably be from France! If you pray, please keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are such an insperation I cannot wait to see the photos you are all true adventures talking about Fearless!!! Can you send a letter to Elena and Christian when you get to France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was the day. I dropped the family off at RDU at 3:30 and was back to Galax 3hrs later.

    I am tracking flight 1551 via Flightaware.com which gives up to the miniute status. I see you get dinner and breakfast. Right now it looks as if your flight is approaching RI.

    I can feel your excitment and I am so happy.

    I would blog this but I forget how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped and ran. Otherwise I would have swooped them up and put them back in the car!

    ReplyDelete